Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Try Something New, Cheap!

Over the last several months I seldom walk into a smoke shop. While I want to support these local vendors the taxes that they are forced to pay and pass on to me make it hard for them to compete with the current internet business. If I am wanting to try a new cigar then I may step into a humidor, but that is happening less and less.

What I have personally discovered is it takes more than one cigar for me to decide if I like it or not. Consistency is very important in my book, and I have had some good first cigars that didn't hold up on the second or third.

That being the case I was glad to discover cigarbid.com. If you are patient you can try cigars in five packs for prices you will never beat anywhere. I recently bought a 5 pack of the Graycliff Crystal series 6.5X50 for 32 dollars. These puppies retail for 25 a stick. Patience at cigarbid.com will save you a ton of cash. You can try a new cigar with a 5 pack that will usually run you only 2 or 3 times what one cigar would cost at a local smoke shop. This is not Ebay, so it is not flooded with traffic. Pick your choice and then try and find one with the most available to bid on. This seems to keep the price down.

No comments: