Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Padron Series


The guys I smoke with often talk about the best everyday smoke. That usually means what cigar is affordable and pleasurable enough to look forward to smoking everyday. While I don't smoke daily I have pondered the question. I have yet to pick a cigar that I would consider my everyday smoke (that's quite a commitment) but the regular Padron would definitely be in the running. The La Floridita has yet to make it into my top 1000.

Padron is a boutique brand and makes arguably the finest cigar in the world with its 1964 Anniversary line. However, Padron doesn't skimp when it comes to their regular line. Always consistent in flavor, burn and price I consider the regular Padron to be a must in every serious smokers humidor. You just can't go wrong with theses cigars. These are considered in the medium to full bodied range, but the flavor says full bodied all the way. Also with about 13 different sizes available in the same blend you can find one for any occasion. Whether it be a long after dinner smoke with the 9 inch 50 rg Magnum or the 36x5.5 Chicos when you only have 15 minutes or so.

Let me also say these are cheap enough that you can give one to your non-smoking moocher friends without feeling like you might turn them off to cigars forever. Or you can continue to keep a few Macanudos on hand for gimmes.

No comments: