Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CAO Italia


CAO is one of the premier cigar companies in the world today. After years of producing fine pipe tobacco they tried their hand at cigar making and did so in a big way. Overall CAO is my second favorite cigar company. There are only a few of their cigars that I have not tried and even fewer that I didn't like, including the CAO Italia.

I was first turned on to the Italia by my friend Tim, but his love for the La Floridita skewed his recommendations in my book. However, in this case, he was right on. The Italia is made from Italian grown Habano tobacco from seeds taken from Cuba in the 1960's. We already know what kind of quality soil the Italian's have from their fine olive oils and wines, but what the soil does to that tobacco is worth noting. The natural earthy sweetness of the Italia makes it a unique smoke and one all serious smokers should try. This cigar is full-bodied flavor from start to finish and oh what a finish. There is nothing disappointing about this cigar. However, again I hear they are hard to find. If you happen across one, buy two and smoke one for me.


UPDATE: Since posting this CAO is no my #1 favorite cigar company. While I don't love all of their blends, I have never once been disappointed with quality.

No comments: