Wednesday, March 28, 2007

AVO Signature


If you haven't noticed most reviews on this site are for full-bodied cigars. While full-bodied is a somewhat relative term as far as shear strength is concerned it is worth noting on flavor. Full-bodied, as far as I have found, will not always be strong tobacco. However, if you are new to cigar smoking take it slow and don't get turned off to full-bodied cigars.

Using this logic is how I tracked down the AVO signature. When I first begin smoking cigars I asked a lot of questions to those who were supposed to be in the know. My friend Amar and his staff are pretty knowledgeable and help me a lot in the beginning. (side note: just because someone works in a cigar shop it does not mean they know what they are talking about). On their recommendation I had tried several AVO cigars and was pleased with them overall. However, I was looking for something with a little more flavor. That is when I tried the AVO signature. These cigars are blended from four distinct Dominican leaves, plus a four-year-aged San Vicente ligero binder for even richer flavor. These full-bodied cigars are mantled in a silky-smooth. AVO cigars are high end cigars so expect to pay a little extra, but if you are looking for the most flavor for your money go with the Signature.

If you are more of a medium bodied smoker try the AVO XO. These have the same unique AVO flavor, but are slightly cheaper and make great light smokes. You get real flavor for a lighter bodied cigar.

The AVO story is an interesting one and if you get a chance it is worth a few seconds on Google to track it down.

No comments: