Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Gurkha Regent


It is very rare for me to say find nothing redeeming about a cigar, but I have to tell you I did not like the Gurkha Regent at all. I know there are some huge Gurkha fans reading this blog so I am ready to take some shots over this review. I also take into account personal taste, and understand that just because I didn't like it doesn't make it a bad cigar.

With that being said, this cigar tastes like dirt to me. I am not using that figuratively either. It really did tast like mud. I have a friend who is a big Gurkha fan from way back. After listening to him brag I went and purchased 3 of these super premium cigars. The first one was bad. I smoked the whole thing to give it a shot, but I thought occasionally something happens in production, something may have slipped through quality control. So I smoked the second one a few days later. It was equally as bad, except this time I didn't finish the cigar. I smoked about half of it then thought why keep punishing myself.

I can say this cigar looked good and has a very cool label, but I can not recommend it. Gurkha does make some cigars I like, and is supposedly one of the premier cigar producers in the world, but then again so is Macanudo.

My friend Tim and Daryl however, love these cigars and will probably disown me when they read this review. So if decide to try one anyway and don't like it, then turn you head west and you will softly hear me in the background saying, "I told you so".

No comments: