Wednesday, March 28, 2007

La Fotana Consigliere


This is an interesting cigar. I usually stay away from the big tobacco companies. You know the ones where two or three companies put out 40 cigars a piece, but use tobacco from the same region in every cigar so you really only have two cigars with 40 different labels. I think General Cigars epitomizes this concept.

I bought this cigar for one reason. I thought it had a cool label. I like trying different cigars, so after discovering that magazine ratings are not necessarily an accurate description of good and bad I tried the next approach. Price and label. It seemed to be as much a shot in the dark as the ratings system, but I have had better luck with that system than a subscription to Aficionado.

The Consigliere is worth trying. $4-6 bucks for a premium, smooth, creamy smoke, that is wrapped in American grown Conneticut Shade wrapper. I have smoked 4 of theses now and they are consistent in flavor, burn, wrap, and finish so you shouldn't get any surprises. Plus you get to smoke a cigar in a tuxedo wrapper. Tell your wife this is your dress up smoke.

No comments: