Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru


This cigar is supposedly in the top 5 of all premium cigars made. When it comes to high end, hand-made cigars, the Gran Cru is supposedly as high as you can go. When it comes to price there are few cigars that top it. According to Cigar.com "the Chateau Gran Cru is another masterpiece from Graycliff." According to Graycliff "The Graycliff Château Grand Cru is indeed the grand cru of cigars."

Let me tell you what the Graycliff Château Grand Cru is. It is an over priced piece of hype. $20 bucks for one of these cigars would be considered a great deal. Luckily for me I have smoked 7 or 8 of these and have not yet paid for one. I love Graycliff cigars, especially the White Label, but Graycliff Château Grand Cru is one of the most inconsistent cigars I have ever smoked. Of the 8 I have smoked only 2 have actually finished. The others either refused to stay lit or after a couple of inches it became so hard to draw I felt like I was attempting to suck a basket ball through a garden hose.

Now about flavor. The two that actually finished were two of the best cigars I have ever smoked. The flavor is bold yet smooth, earthy and creamy at the same time. Yet, it cost someone $160 dollars for my $40 dollars worth of smoke. It ain't worth it.

So Juan will you smoke another one? Heck, yeah I will. Will you buy one? There is no way. It is too much of a gamble. I will just take my $160 dollars to the local sushi bar.

2 comments:

Dublin Smoke said...

Was close to buying a Graycliff sampler pack but suspected they might be more hype than substance.
I am ordering a box of Avo XO though, now there is quality and consistency.

Scott Hill said...

Dublin the Avo XO is an excellent smoke. If you've never had a Graycliff they are incredible flavor, but at this point I'd so only 65% of those I've smoked have been consistent til the end.