Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CAO MX2


The first CAO cigar I ever smoked was the CAO MX2, and I have been a fan of the company ever since. Unlike some of my lesser palated friends I like to mix things up and smoke a variety of cigars. I like trying different flavors, and have yet to really settle on one favorite. CAO as a whole has made this easy and the MX2 is not exception. The 2 stands for two Maduro wrappers and are wrapped around tobaccos from six different countries. It is hard to pin this cigar down as far as flavor because in the 6x54 Toro I smoked recently I ran into just about every flavor imaginable. As is common with CAO the quality of the cigar stood on its own. The wrapper, burn, and finish are what CAO is about the MX2 stands up to its name. Whether you are new to smoking and your nickname is "Chimney" the MX2 will be 45 minutes of dark, rich, smoky, tastiness.

5 comments:

Jason Robertson said...

What if your nickname is Daryl?

David said...

I see this is an old review, but it came up on my rss reader today. How would you rate this cigar on a mild-strong scale? I like cigars, but I'm kind of a sissy.

Juan Cigarillo said...

The MX2 is very dark and can look intimidating to the occasional smoker, but don't let looks fool you. The color of a cigar has absolutely nothing to do with how heavy of light it is. Just a little bit of cigar trivia for you.

I would put it in the medium category. However, if you have smoked CAO cigars in the past it shouldn't be a problem for you. It is one of the best tasting of the CAO line, and shouldn't be to strong unless you are a newbie or only smoke 3 or 4 a year.

David said...

Thanks. Dark doesn't bother me. I like a maduro wrapper. I just can't take some of the stronger cigars.

Juan Cigarillo said...

David, I have smoked every CAO made including the new hard to find Vision. I found even the Extreme to be less than bold as far as shear strength goes. I think you would be able to handle any CAO. However, the Vision might mess with you some.