Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru


I have been smoking Graycliff cigars whenever I could possibly get my hands on one of these expensive puppies for over a year. I didn't know until recently how blessed I was to know of two stores that carry them. There are only a few retailers that carry them, because of the strict requirements by Graycliff. I had never heard of this line of cigars until visiting my OC friend and cigar retailer Amar. If you have not heard of these don't feel bad, they only produce about 500,000 cigars a year and average about 25 dollars a stick so they are not the everyday smoke.

Thanks to gifts and Cigarbid.com I have been able to afford a few of these without feeling like I was keeping food from my family. At this point I have been able to try every label except the Emerald and I can say without a doubt these are great cigars. These Nassau made beauties have a unique flavor unlike any cigar I have ever had. They definitely stand alone. I don't know if it is an aquired taste or not because I have yet to find someone who didn't like them.

I recently have the White label. I was able to buy a 5 pack from Cigarbid for 27 dollars. The White is a bold cigar just under the the Expresso. I can tell you it is definitely Graycliff all the way. The only downside is a 6.0 x 50 wasn't long enough. I burnt my finger trying to get that one last puff out of creaming goodness.

If you are thinking about trying one of these for the first time I recommend the Blue Label 5.25x50.


UPDATE: While Graycliff is still one of my favorite cigars, it is extremely inconsistent for the price. The last two I attempted to smoke tasted like hairspray about 2 inches in, and became impossible to draw. I have had that happen on more than a few occasions while smoking Graycliff cigars.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I have been a Greycliff fan almost as long as I have smoked long fill cigars. While I am no full-body freak (I enjoy plenty of double connecticuts), I am drawn to their lines. When my cruise stopped in Nassau, I had dinner at Graycliff and bought some hand-rolled cigars in the lobby (roller did mine before my eyes). I really enjoyed those. Anyway, I rarely smoke cigars the day I get them. I never had a bad draw that I can remember. Any chance they were too moist?